You can’t wait to celebrate your graduate’s accomplishments. What better way to do so than with a fun graduation party? Finding a venue will be your first challenge. So the first thing to do is book a venue and start thinking about all the other plans later. The main thing is that your graduate has a great time at the big event. Invite the guest of honor to help create the theme of the party.
The Who and When
Sorting out the guest list, party time, food, drinks, decoration, invitations are just a few things you will need to consider before the celebration. Once your date is set you will want to have your graduate tell their closest friends so they do not host a party on the same date. High school and college friends like to attend each other’s events.
Food and Drinks
Do you want appetizers or a meal or both. Will the adults have liquor and beer? What about coffee and soft drinks. Route17 Express can help you with the following and more!…
- Charley Biggs Chicken | Learn More
- Hunts Brothers Pizza, Bites, and Wings | Learn More
- Soft drinks, beer, snacks, & More | Learn More
Picking a Style and Theme
Pick a theme. Whatever your theme is you’ll want to showcase it in everything from invitations to decor. Do your want fancy with linens, china, and elegant floral arrangements or a laid back affair using paper good and plastic serving ware and having your guest feel more relaxed. Do you want an open-house or maybe a luau theme and have your guest come dressed in fun tropical clothing.Be sure and order banners, streamers, collage posters of the graduate, balloons, and all other decorations months in advance. Graduation season is one of the busiest times of the year, so you should order things early and get the word out about your party as early as possible.
The following are a few theme ideas that will get everyone in the graduation party spirit…
- Then and Now Photos – Show how far your grad has come with photos from kindergarten through today (a little embarrassment is ok). You can use photo boards, or even better, gather your guests to watch a heartwarming slideshow. Smilebox makes it easy for anyone to turn photos into a beautiful graduation slideshow in just a few minutes.
- Future Plans – Build a theme around the graduate’s future plan. For example, if they will be attending a college have some of the college logo items and show your loyalty to your grad’s new school with their college colors. If your grad is headed to job in finance, economics, or business, get them in the money mindset with money-filled balloons, desserts rolled with dollar bills (real or edible), and chocolate coins.
- Memory board – Take some of the keepsakes from your grad and turn them into a beautiful memory board. Include photos, tickets, cards, photos, whatever seems meaningful—and place it by the entrance for guests and grads to enjoy.
We’ve Got You Covered!
About Route 17 Express
Route 17 Express is a hometown general store and restaurant. We offer Charlie Biggs Chicken, Hunt Brothers Pizza, Deli, Hot n Serve Meals, Marathon Gas, Firewood, Straw, and Much More!
> LEARN MORE